Monday, May 19, 2008

A good marketing (or spamming) ploy

In checking my spam folder, an email preview caught my eye as forwarded jokes. Although the person who sent it is not anyone I know, I opened it anyway (it wasn't an executable file) and manage to read up to the bottom...and of course, there, not only did it say 'forward' (we do like to forward jokes when we think they're funny), I also saw the ad. It's the first time I have encountered this kind of spam where you yourself could even be a party to it. Best is each line is infused with words that when clicked redirects you to an advertiser...clever huh.

Interesting nonetheless (sans the links):

Hey, have you ever wondered why:

If corn oil is made from corn and vegetable oil is made from vegetables, what is baby oil made from (baby oil will of course redirect you to the Johnson's baby oil site, etc)?

Why is bra singular and panties plural?

If money doesn't grow on trees, why do banks have branches?

How important does a person have to be before they are considered assassinated instead of just murdered.

Why do you have to put your 2 cents in when it's just a penny for your thoughts. Where's that extra penny going to?

Why does a round pizza come in a square box?

What disease did cured ham originally have.

Why is it that people say they slept like a baby when babies wake up every 2 hours.

If a deaf person has to go to court, is it still called a hearing?

Why are you IN a movie but you're ON tv?

If electricity comes from electrons, does morality come from morons?

If Wile E. Coyote had money to buy all that ACME crap, why doesn't he just buy himself dinner?

Can you cry underwater?

Do the Alphabet song and Twinkle, twinkle little star have the same tune? (wow, I've never thought of that before - I actually started humming...and YES, they do!)

Why did you just try singing the 2 songs above? (guilty)

Do you ever wonder why you gave your email address in the first place? I emphatically disagree with this one but I too wonder how they get my address to send to...one of the sites that claim 'we don't store your data...etc, etc', must have!

0 Comments: