Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Not that it matters....

...(well, to my family, at least, I hope :)) but I'm back, for a couple of days now, in fact. This is our shortest vacation in terms of number of days of being away but the most activity-packed and fun-filled itinerary. I think we did what most people would do in 3 separate outings, so it feels like a 2 month hiatus.

I can feel I'm back passing gas stations on the way from the airport. What with soaring gas prices (as is everywhere), I came back to a whopping $C 27 per liter of diesel from the $C 25 I left behind only 3 weeks ago - a far cry from the $C 17 / liter when I came in Oct of 2006.

Hard to believe I've only been away for weeks all together. The last couple of days has been relegated to resting my black and blued leg muscles, downloading and uploading about 300 photos we promised to share with family, paying bills (oh the reality of it all), catching rodents that partied while we were away and just trying to get back to the rhythm of life in sleepy Managua.

It's good to sleep in my own bed again and the saving grace of all graces of being here....to see and enjoy the beautiful home made available to us (bless their soul).

I will be gathering strength (and wit - will try my best) the next few days to do a most challenging travel post that will review all the places we've been to and stayed at. There was apprehension on my part in the beginning - doing this type of vacation - as we were totally reliant on our travel agent on everything. We normally just wing it out, but not this time. Not only did it turn out well, surprisingly, we enjoyed it immensely.

Although not ready to come back (would have wanted to be away longer - force of habit), am glad I am, specially coming home to hundreds of email invites to one thing or another. Expats in Managua make effort to socialize and I'm looking forward to join them.

Stay tuned.

Bookmark and Share

0 Comments: