Friday, July 18, 2008

Social Network

Except for my Friendster account (at the prodding of my 'techie' colleagues back in 2002), it's hard to believe that I now (actively) belong to 2 other networking sites where I am once again reconnected to long lost friends, colleagues, childhood friends, fellow expat friends (we thought we'd never see again) and family abroad.
I have decided to keep only these 3 (too much to handle as it is) although I still get invites here and there for other networking sites - These will suffice.
I must admit that the bombardment of updates are sometimes annoying but the feeling of being a part of my friends' and families' world albeit from afar is somewhat reassuring. Want it or not, these sites do bridge the distance.
I can't imagine what else these sites are going to develop into but embracing them is I guess the way to go.


Bookmark and Share

1 Comment:

barbie2be said...

i tend to only use linked in for my networking site.

michele sent me over.