Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Why, oh why?

I sometimes, out of curiosity, check out the search words people use that land them on my blog and some results are:

1. Funny
2. Real needs seeking information
3. Real problems seeking advise
4. Travel information
5. Unbelievably scary - although very few (thank god), I am still reminded that perverts do abound on the internet, lest I forget (which I do sometimes).

The #5 people don't stay long in my blog (1 page view / 0:0), immediately figuring out that my content serves them no purpose AT ALL. That I have chosen to make this blog public for the convenience of my family, friends and people who might actually benefit from the information here (travel, cost of living), of course doesn't help. It's a choice I've made and like all choices carries with it some consequences.

When checking search words, one is presented with other 'results' that sometimes make an 'information seeking' search funny enough to write about. Take for instance search words used for 'seeking a BETTER half coming from a specific industrialized country by someone who currently is residing in a country with a weaker economic performance' (or probably seeking information on how it is to be married to these men) ok, you have to read between the lines and convert all that into just 3 search words.

What was funny were 2 other search results:

When the day comes that words (and homecooked meals...and globetrotting) aren't enough to profess my undying love for my viking any longer, I (sigh) may be forced to shell out $25 for this:


And if that doesn't work, I still have this as an additional option (and additional $16)....If I really, really need to protest it:

If in dire need, you can order them here and here, respectively....no kidding.


Bookmark and Share

0 Comments: