Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Managua shopping tip

We all have our own pick-me-ups . For some it's pastries, for some ice cream and yet for some just shopping in general, for me it's shoes. I don't think there's anything wrong with owning up to our fetishes unless of course they are k*nky (wink) but then there's no need to discuss it either. Everyone has at least one including the men. Just watch them accumulate gadgets and tools that they plan to use in future...a future that may not even come.

Although shoes are my fetish, I don't let it get the better of me. More than the shoes, it's the rush I get from buying a pair I like at a price I like even better. This was never a problem for me in Denmark as there's always somewhere I can get good quality shoes at 70% or if I get really lucky even at 90% off - almost a give away.

As I have mentioned in a previous post, it is harder to indulge oneself here in Nicaragua but, but, but...sometimes, you can get lucky. This week I was. Nine West in Las Galerias is having a sale and not only are they reduced from anywhere between 25 - 50% off regular price, they are also buy-one-take-one or as we say here 'dos por uno', further reducing a pair to almost 25% its original price! There are newer models on sale at 50% off including some bags and accessories. I like the double slash better.

They've had this before but stopped it...well, that's what they told me when I asked early this year...as in 'never'. After that, I swore never to stop by the store again hmmmph. So, imagine my surprise when (okay, okay) I peeked in last week to see the sale - it's way at the back of the store - that they're having it again. In panic that I may never see the inside of the store again I bought uhmm some...just in case.

Not bad huh for a pair costing between $25-30. They must be soooo last, last year but who cares.

So, go, go, go while they have it or while they still have your size. Dog knows when they're gonna have it again! Really, I only passed by because I was desperate to get Tango shoes and I think I found it (the last pair - anything that will not fly off my feet when I have to make the sooo vicious kick that's so distinctly Tango).

Sometimes a girl's gotta do what a girl's gotta do.

0 Comments: