Tuesday, April 22, 2008

On Native Soil

It's 1 am and I've just finished watching On Native Soil. I thought I'd sleep early today - early means before midnight - as I have Spanish early in the morning tomorrow but haven't done any of my homework yet.

Before retiring, I usually scan the TV channels just to check if there's anything good on. On HBO, a documentary just started and I was ready to turn the TV off when I heard Kevin Costner's voice narrating. Hmmm, so I watched a bit more.

On Native Soil is an honest and truthful assessment of 9/11. I have seen other 9/11 documentaries including Michael Moore's and I must say that not only is this the most moving by far but it showed a clear picture surrounding the events before and after 9/11, the various agencies involved, their competencies and incompetencies and response or lack of it. The most appalling was that of the FAA's.

With the concerted effort of the families of the victims, through a fact-finding commission, anomalies and weaknesses in the system were exposed.

Highly recommended.

0 Comments: