Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Wife of T, mother of V

Scene: A country club somewhere, where expats congregate for something or other.

Guest: Hi, I'm RC and you are...
Me: I'm MH, nice to meet you.
Guest: Nice to meet you too. I've never seen you before are you new here?
Me: Why yes, we just arrived last month.
Guest: What do you do here?
Me: I came with my husband.
Guest: and who is your husband, if I may ask?
Me: TH
Guest: Oh, so you're T's wife!

Scene: Cut to an International School...somewhere in the city.

Teacher: Good morning, how may I help you?
Me: I'm MH, I have an appointment at 10:00 am.
Teacher: ...and this is regarding...
Me: It's about my son VH.
Teacher: Oh, you're V's mom!

...a common occurrence, so to cut introductions short...'Hi I'm the wife of T and mother of V, if you care to know my name it's MH'!

0 Comments: