Thursday, June 19, 2008

Small earthquake

We just had an earthquake. A small one but big enough to rattle the desk my computer is on. Felt weird...lasted only for about 10 secs. Couldn't have been anything else, otherwise, a ghost just shook my table and chair.

It's the first time I've actually felt an earthquake here although Managua is known to consistently have seismic activities due to many factors not excluding geothermal activities. Many times the guard would come rushing to ask if we were fine, because apparently, there's been an earthquake, which we did not feel.

If it happened at night (so much more we're oblivious to it), T would hear about it in the office, while himself being clueless. This tells me that Nicaraguans are used to feeling these tremors and can feel these small seismic movements, unless of course, they're in a moving vehicle. Ok, the last part of the previous sentence is something I have (only) wondered about.


Bookmark and Share

0 Comments: